Associate Director/Director Financial Planning and Analysis
California All, CA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for financial, analytical and budget support for the Sales and Marketing organization. Responsibilities include partnering with department and functional leaders within the organization in managing all financial deliverables including annual budgets, periodic forecasts, long-range plans, spending and supporting analytics including variance analysis.
This role may participate in contract negotiation/review/tracking/analysis, evaluation of accruals and other areas that may impact financial reporting. On an as needed basis, conduct financial modeling including scenario, valuation, cost, and sensitivity analysis.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Establish and oversee work plan to meet internal and external financial reporting requirements for our initial product launch.
- Works in a cross functional environment including Finance, Sales and Marketing, Market Access, and Commercial Analytics to create advanced financial analysis and reporting while effectively interpreting and communicating recommendations.
- Develop and maintain methods and processes to ensure appropriate gross to net accounting reporting and forecasting models. Partner with accounting to ensure adherence to revenue recognition principles. Analyze pricing vs. Plan/Forecast and provide variance commentary.
- Oversee and approve the calculations and payouts to Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Business partner with the sales organization to help develop and model the sales incentive compensation plan. Additionally, will oversee the calculation of incentive compensation payouts.
- Collaborate with sales and commercial analytics to develop reporting methodologies for sales operations, field management, finance and senior management constituencies.
- Coordinate with Market Access, Information Technology, Accounting and Sales Operations to implement Third Part Logistics provider services and data aggregation vendor.
- Collaborate with Accounting and Sales Operations to ensure sales contracts adhere to appropriate policy requirements.
- Develop and maintain long range plan product line financial statements.
- Actively monitor all aspects of activity affecting spending/financial planning including assisting with:
- preparation of long-range plans, periodic forecasts and annual operating budgets;
- monitor, track, analyze and report actual versus planned spending;
- monthly close support including review and determination of appropriate and accurate accruals;
- vendor selection, contract review and analysis, negotiation and monitoring;
- milestone achievement and potential out of scope conditions;
- Participate, as required, in corporate valuation or development projects, conduct financial modeling and analytical support for these activities, including scenario, valuation, cost and sensitivity analysis.
- Special projects including analysis of cash flows, revenues and costs by department or project.
- Produce financial and other ad hoc reports involving the Company accounts for management.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and help troubleshoot finance related issues.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Provide financial support to the Finance, Human Resources, Business Development, Facilities, Information Systems, Corporate Communication and Legal department.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS in business, accounting or related field.
- A minimum of five to fifteen years of experience in accounting, finance and/or business development.
- Experience supporting a marketing and field sales organization is required.
- Experience in valuation and corporate development projects including modeling and analysis supporting corporate investment decisions such as M&A and licensing decisions, valuation, cost and sensitivity analysis.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Computer skills: Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively present in small groups and prepare appropriate documentation and materials in final draft that is clear, concise and conveys the desired outcome.
- Personal attributes required include:
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality over all finance and accounting matters and information
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- Creative approach to problem solving and the ability to think out-of the box
- Must be self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment
- Strong commitment to a team approach and awareness of team and individual success dependencies
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- MBA preferred.
- Adaptive Insights and Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is a plus.
The associate director/director establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates; senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. This level is involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect. The incumbent at this level works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives; implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. This level exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing, and in some instances may have subordinate supervisors. Erroneous decisions at this level will result in critical delays in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
The director level participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters, and ensures effective achievement of objectives. This level works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people; ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. The incumbent at this level has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.