Manager/ Senior Manager, Accounting
California All, CA
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Maintain the general ledger of the parent Company and its subsidiaries.
- Manage the monthly close including preparation/review of journal entries, allocations and major account reconciliations.
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document and support financial transactions.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff and accounts payable to ensure accurate recording of accounting transactions and reconciliation of general ledger and financial statement balances.
- Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting and account balances are accurate.
- Produce financial reports involving the Company accounts for monthly management meetings.
- Produce ad hoc financial reports.
- Reviews payroll.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Supports the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration and teamwork.
- BA/BS in business, accounting or related field.
- For the Manager, 6 years of increasingly responsible accounting and reporting experience, preferably in the biotech industry experience and at least 2 years management experience. For the Senior Manager, 8+ years relevant experience with 4+ years management experience.
- Computer skills: Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- 3+ years with a Big Four certified public accounting firm is highly preferred.
- CPA license preferred, but not required.
- SOX 404 implementation and compliance experience a plus.
The manager receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. This position level provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. May recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate unit. The manager works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends; follows processes in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. This position acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems; develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results at this level will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the unit.
The senior manager establishes objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates; may be involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect. This position level works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. The senior manager may implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Erroneous decisions from this position will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.