Manager/ Senior Revenue Manager
California All, CA
The Revenue Manager has ownership of all aspects of revenue recognition and must understand, analyze, and communicate financial impacts throughout the organization. This role will routinely partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for revenue recognition and reporting, in accordance with US GAAP.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Manage the accounting and analysis of the Company' s revenue and gross-to-net process.
- Support senior management with analysis, review, reporting and other related revenue needs.
- Work collaboratively with the commercial, supply chain and other departments, as required, to develop a thorough understanding of the revenue and distribution business model in order to appropriately apply technical accounting guidance and US GAAP interpretations as they relate to revenue recognition and gross-to-net calculations.
- Create and maintain strong revenue and gross-to-net controls, including design, implementation, and documentation of key controls (SOX).
- Provide technical accounting guidance. Research and prepare technical accounting memos on revenue-related activities.
- Calculation of monthly gross-to-net sales deduction reserves and validation of chargebacks.
- Maintenance of gross-to-net model and deduction rates within the Company' s financial systems.
- Execution of month-end close activities, including analysis/reconciliation and presentation of revenues and revenue discounts and their related general ledger accounts.
- Oversee outsourced 3PL' s management of accounts receivables, chargebacks and customer credit limits.
- Work closely with 3rd party data aggregator to recognize gross revenue and participate in initiatives for ongoing process and systems improvements.
- Review commercial and marketing proposals and contracts to determine proper revenue recognition/billing and work closely with 3rd party provider to assure contractual terms match disbursements.
- Perform special revenue-related projects as requested by the finance management team and assist auditors in handling technical inquiries.
- Cross-train in other senior accounting management roles to be able to backfill colleagues when necessary.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and team work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business, accounting, or related field.
- For the Manager, a minimum of 5+years' experience in accounting and finance, of which 2 years must be in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries. The Senior Manager will have 7+ experiences with 3 years in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience with revenue recognition and gross-to-net calculations is required.
- Experience with " ASU 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers" and " ASC 605-15, Revenue Recognition - Products".
- Experience in business partnering role, including understanding of functional area roles, responsibilities, and interdependencies of the revenue recognition and gross-to-net controls process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across functional areas in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
- Computer skills: excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Personal attributes required include:
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality over all finance and accounting matters and information.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels in the organization.
- Creative approach to problem solving and the ability to think " out of the box".
- Must be self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to a team approach and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.
The manager receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. This position level provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. May recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate unit. The manager works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends; follows processes in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. This position acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems; develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results at this level will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the unit.
The senior manager establishes objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinates; may be involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect. This position level works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. The senior manager may implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; establishes and assures adherences to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Erroneous decisions from this position will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.