Principal Fullstack Engineer
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
Are you a Fullstack Software Engineer who loves what you do? Are you a Fullstack Software Engineer who is passionate about programming? If you love challenges and strive for excellence, come build the future of our product with us. Our user facing projects are diverse, interesting, and innovative. Our work makes an impact; we help people improve their lives through learning. We leverage the latest technologies (Python, Django, ReactJS, Redis (for in-memory storage only), RabitMQ), adopt industry best practices and iterate in a fast-paced release environment. You will see the positive results of your work weekly.
This is an opportunity for a Fullstack Software Engineer to inspire hundreds of millions, possibly billions, of people to learn anything they can imagine - An opportunity to inspire hundreds of thousands of instructors to share their knowledge with the world - An opportunity to help thousands of businesses change the way their employees learn.
The different teams (Engineering, Product, Data Science) are close-knit bunches that enjoy problem-solving and collaboration. They all share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. The company-culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. Milestones are always celebrated, and support for the mission of other team member s is part of what makes them successful every day.
The company is a late-stage, early-growth start-up that is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco s SoMA neighborhood with offices in Ireland, and Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, an equity compensation plan, and a competitive benefits package which includes healthcare, commuter benefits, paternal leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
- Design, develop, test, and release features for user facing products that are crucial for business expansion and growth.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide positive value to our customers
- Plan, organize, and complete work within agile sprints. Communicate effectively on progress and meeting expectations.
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, and develop features and solutions that scale.
- Serve as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed.
- Use best software development practices and processes to coach and mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers.
- Contribute to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our software implementation.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a full-stack software engineer, six (6) years preferred.
- Well versed in web application technologies including:
- Object-Oriented software design patterns and computer science fundamentals (e.G. Data structures, algorithms).
- Web application development using modern framework.
- Experience with:
- Web Framework ORMs (e.G. Django, Rails, Zend, etc.)
- Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP (minimum 2 years), etc.
- Relational DB (e.G. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries
- Linux and/or Unix
- Real-time messaging and NoSQL infrastructures: Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Testing methods, including unit and integration tests
- Ability to learn and work with existing code bases, up and down the software stack.
- Willingness to " go the extra mile" when needed.
- Contribution to open source projects
- Public speaking or technical blog skills
FE-they are migrating from Angular 2.0/JQuery to ReactJS 70% complete, will be 100% complete somewhere in 4th Quarter.
Resume (review within 24-hours) >>> Technical Phone (1-hr.) w/ last 30-mins being online coding via CollabEdit >>> Take home exercise (1-2 hours) >>> On-site (10AM-4PM; 2 coding sessions in AM, LUNCH, 2 coding sessions PM)
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME TO: Brian Donley - Branch Manager IT Direct-Hire @ bdonley@cvp-it.Com
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.