Senior Accounting Analyst Technical Accounting & Financial
San Jose Metro Area, CA
As a key member of the Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting team, the Senior Accounting Analyst will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment building relationships within the accounting team and with the larger organization (e.G. Treasury, FP&A, GL Accounting, Corporate Development, Internal Audit, etc.). The Senior Accounting Analyst will be responsible for helping lead many aspects of technical accounting and financial reporting, including ensuring complex accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely in the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP, and helping prepare the company s financial statements and SEC filing disclosures. The Senior Accounting Analyst will gain exposure to the 360 degrees of both internal and external financial statement reporting, and will be exposed to technical accounting research and utilizing problem solving abilities to research the accounting implications for new and unique business transactions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for helping drive monthly financial close activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including executing internal controls.
- Support the Accounting organization with helping evaluate business activities to research technical accounting guidance, determine appropriate GAAP treatment, and prepare memorandums/ policies.
- Provide input and support to drive the annual and quarterly SEC reporting process as well as internal financial reporting to the CFO, CEO and BOD.
- Prepare SEC financial reporting disclosures including financial statements, footnote disclosures, and operating metrics for SEC filings and for other internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare various financial analyses.
- Develop and maintain excellent positive working relationship with the external auditors.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-6 years of accounting experience, with a minimum 3 years Big 4 public accounting base.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.