Senior Payroll Accountant
San Jose Metro Area, California
Software Company in Santa Clara is looking for a Payroll Manager.
- Hands on payroll processing and accounting, including bonus and commissions for multi-state employees on a timely manner with absolute accuracy
- International payroll review for several countries
- Prepare and calculate manual checks routinely and/or on demand, such as for termination pay, etc.
- Process all deductions, including, 401K, flexible spending plans and garnishments
Preparation of all payroll journal entries
- Manage audit related activities of payroll function
- Manage stock-based compensation processing, including option exercises
- Work with members of the Accounting team on audits, general support, and other projects as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience:
Bachelor degree (in Accounting or Business/Finance related courses) or CPP designation preferred
Minimum of 5 years of end-to-end multi-state payroll processing experience, as well as prior accounting and GL account reconciliation experience preferred
Solid understanding of tax implications on payroll as well as garnishments, payroll rules and regulations and legal compliance practices
International experience with EMEA and/or APAC a plus
Experience with global financial systems preferred (i.E. Oracle, Workday or NetSuite)
Workday HCM experience a plus
Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadlines while able to remain calm/effective in a fast paced, rapidly evolving and data driven organization
A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement
Public company and SOX compliance experience preferred
Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.