Sr Manager, SEC Reporting &Technical Accounting
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
The Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting is a key hire within the accounting organization. Responsible for external reporting (including but not limited to Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and Annual Proxy Statement) technical review of accounting issues to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements and SOX 404.
- Preparation of the periodic reports, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report and all other SEC filing documents in compliance with all SEC and US GAAP disclosing requirements.
- Act as a primary technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving, documenting, and communicating technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions and communicate required treatment and entries to accounting staff.
- Continuously monitor, document and communicate the development of new accounting standards, interpretations, and emerging guidance to the finance organization, including current and future impact on the company.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements.
- Manage the preparation and maintain support for all areas of our external reporting process, such as EPS calculations, stock-based compensation expense, Consolidated Balance Sheet, Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders Equity and Form 10-K and 10-Q support binders.
- Manage the reporting timeline and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure reporting timelines are met.
- Responsible for the preparation of the XBRL tagging of financial statements under US GAAP.
- Maintain, update, and evaluate new accounting policies in line with new pronouncements.
- Prepare the financial press releases and assist in review of financial scripts.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- 7+ years related professional accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, share-based compensation accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, foreign currency transactions and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Enthusiastic individual driven to continuously strive for excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization and precision
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve and work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work to deadlines
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.