Sr. Cost Accounting Analyst
San Jose Metro Area, CA
- You will serve as the single ongoing and primary owner of cost accounting inventory reconciliations including all core inventory accounts and related clearing accounts (such new inventory on hand, used, consigned, work in process, raw materials, and in-transit). Coordinate with others (both inside and outside the company) to ensure proper reports are gathered and procedures followed to validate existence and completeness of these inventory assets. Perform investigations and monitor Oracle cost accounting and trial balance modules activity / posting to these core accounts to ensure that inventory transactions are being processed correctly.
- You will operate as the owner of the accrued freight account and all related P&L expense lines. On a weekly basis, review outsourced freight processor s classification of costs, and on a monthly basis, investigate to ensure costs are being bucketed into the right period and vendor type. Coordinate with key individuals in operations, up to and including the vice president level, to forecast future freight spending needs (both freight in and freight out) and oversee quarter-to-date internal metrics for freight spending status. At fiscal month and quarter end, independently from cash paid records, gather freight estimates from primary external freight vendors and assemble into the freight liability reconciliation, along with posting the necessary related accrual journal entries.
- Be the primary owner and assembler of all standard costs for all products. This primarily consists of approximately weekly obtaining all newly created products to be created and uploading into Oracle. Quarterly, obtain input from the product purchasing group as well as the royalties and rebates accountants in order to calculate the latest recommended standard costs, and ensure all are uploaded as appropriate during the formal close window timing as required by the IT group. Occasionally, bill of materials investigation and assembly / aggregation of individual part costs will be required.
- After mastering core inventory and freight processes, take responsibility for all Purchase Price Variance analysis and troubleshooting, including forecasting likely PPV expense and posting the necessary journal entries that may be required to fix existing PPV classification issues (such as calculating the PPV that might need to be deferred at each quarter end due to inventory still remaining on hand).
- Develop, document and implement process improvements within the accounting/finance department, including initiatives to streamline close processes and reduce close time.
- Coordinate with both external and internal auditors to complete financial audits of and SOX testing of responsible accounts.
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Excel including pivot tables, multiconditional sumifs, and vlookups, with a definite will to continue to develop new Excel abilities, speed, and accuracy, and to follow existing departmental spreadsheet structure and formatting conventions and methodologies. Desire to demonstrate these skills in advance of, and/or during, an interview for this position.
- Three plus years of prior experience in a public company or auditing / accounting firm. Ideally, with one or more years in a cost accounting role.
- Desire to work in a lean, fast moving organization where not all responsibilities or desired tasks can be anticipated or scheduled ahead of time. Be flexible and willing to exercise judgment over materiality and actively take steps to increase the speed of assembly and accuracy of accounts. Be willing to jump right into an assigned task even if the task isn t able to be fully clarified or justified at that time / be comfortable with some ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to adapt communication styles to suit the preferred methods of managers, executives, and colleagues, as well as contacts outside of the Company that may be at the level of novice accounting clerks. Have the ability to solve complex issues where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, and be able to exercise good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for measuring, summarizing, and optimizing spending and accounting accuracy.
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.