San Mateo Metro Area, CA
- Managing general ledger accounting, journal entries, month-end close, reconciliations, financial statements, and variance analyses
- Identifying and implementing process improvements and system enhancements
- Understand and apply both generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the execution of the month-end close, account reconciliations, and journal entries by deadlines.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Assist with the maintenance of vendor master files.
- Create / run reports as needed.
- Initiate recommendations for improvement and efficiencies.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects as needed
- Supporting all or some of the following functions: payroll, inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and fixed assets.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly and quarterly reports as required
- Process semi-monthly payroll in Trinet for ~125 employees.
- Work closely with HR team to obtain and track payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, new hires and terminations.
- Assist HR team with on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Set up State Tax ID and Unemployment ID number for new states.
- Record payroll journal entries into NetSuite timely.
- Perform payroll analysis as required.
- Research and promptly resolve employee issues, requests and inquiries with regards to payroll, benefits and expense reports.
- Active participation with payroll policy development and documentation.
- Exercise high degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
- Assist with ad hoc payroll projects as needed.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance handling the general ledger, month-end close, reconciliations, payroll, and variance analyses
- Knowledge of Netsuite and Tri Net is a plus
- Practical experience with local, state and federal government laws for payroll
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail Oriented and organized
- Fun personality, ability to work with a very engaged Finance & Administration team
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.