Technical Accounting Manager
San Jose Metro Area, CA
This is an exciting role with vast educational opportunities, and great exposure to working directly with the senior leadership team (CAO, CFO, CEO).
Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Accounting organization with helping evaluate business activities to research technical accounting guidance, determine appropriate GAAP treatment, and prepare memorandums/ policies.
- Provide input and support to drive the annual and quarterly SEC reporting process as well as internal financial reporting to the CFO, CEO and BOD.
- Prepare SEC financial reporting disclosures including financial statements, footnote disclosures, and operating metrics for SEC filings and for other internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for helping drive monthly financial close activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including executing internal controls.
- Prepare various financial analyses.
- Develop and maintain excellent positive working relationship with the external auditors.
- Coach and mentor the junior staff on the team.
- Accounting degree.
- CPA preferred.
- 6-12 years of accounting experience, with a minimum 3-4 years Big 4 public accounting base.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- An effective leader and team player who has excellent oral and written communication skills. Written analyses and presentations are clear, concise, and reflect polish and precision.
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.