Financial Analyst- 6 month contract
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
The Finance & Sales Analyst is responsible for supporting the FP&A team and will work closely with the Sales/ Customer Success and Finance teams to support their data, reporting and analysis needs. The activities of this role will focus around Financial & Management reporting, assist in close activities, prepare and analyze Budget v Actual reports, KPIs/Metrics analysis and Revenue/COGS/OPEX forecasting.
The ideal candidate will have passion for data driven decision making, exceptional attention to detail, and a proven ability to deliver fast and reliable results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The role reports to the Director of Finance & Analytics but will have exposure to leaders/Executives within the company. This is a 6 month contract role with potential to convert to FTE based on performance.
- Support the monthly, quarterly and yearly management reporting requirements including Close process, report generation, providing various financial analysis and insights
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and budget financial and operational results
- Use modeling and scenario planning to test effectiveness of business and operations strategies and address ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries including:
- Revenue growth/mix
- Margin analysis
- Customer/Supplier mix
- Pricing sensitivity
- Develop/enhance existing models and databases in an efficient way (v/h lookups, macros, queries etc) including customer, account, pricing, supplier and product
- Update monthly revenue & COGS forecast
- Assist with fiscal comp plans design.
- Calculate quarterly commissions, prepare and send out reports.
- Assist sales team in questions regarding commissions and/or productivity metrics.
- BA/BS required; 5+ years progressive experience in Sales Operations or FP&A in the professional services and/or technology space bonus points for experience in Ed/Health Tech space!
- Meticulous attention to detail -- ability to mine data, structure models/reports and test analysis
- Heavy skills within Excel, SQL, Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Financials ERP (SAP Hana, Netsuite, Intacct)
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments
- Flexibility in working hours
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.