Senior Fullstack Developer
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
We are looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Developer for our client in the investment management space. The ideal Senior Fullstack Developer candidate will be a self-starter who can design and develop end-to-end web-based applications, and who has good knowledge of data structures and algorithms. This Senior Fullstack Developer will work within a small group of smart, yet humble people, and will be one of the software development in-house gurus. The Senior Fullstack Developer will be integrally involved in the design and development of trading, reporting, billing, and accounting systems.
This is an on-site position with normal business hours. Looking for someone who is bright and articulate, with a sense of humor. Ideal candidates must have excellent problem-solving skills, a high-degree of attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing investment management firm.
Development experience with Python, Django, and PostgreSQL is helpful, but not required. Applicants will be considered who have experience in other MVC technology stacks, who are willing to transition to Python.
Senior Fullstack Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the team manager and systems architect to translate existing requirements into robust, scalable software applications.
- Provide development time estimates and be able to consistently deliver on-time, high-quality code.
- Design and develop end-to-end web applications using Django, Python, and PostgreSQL.
- Write new Python-class libraries and modify existing code as needed.
- Keep task notes and daily update progress in our ticketing system and/or SCRUM management tool.
- BS degree in computer-related area of study
- Minimum 4-6 years of related programming experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience with all phases of designing and developing web applications within an MVC architecture
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and SQL writing skills, proven experience working with major relational database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
- Comfortable working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and work well with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Development experience with Python, Django, and PostgreSQL is helpful, but not required. We will consider applicants with experience in other MVC technology stacks who are interested in transitioning to Python.
- Working knowledge of Telerik s Kendo UI controls
- Experience working with source control such as SVN or GIT
CVPartners, an Addison Group Company, is an EEO employer. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.